[LON-CAPA-admin] printout.pl problems

Jon Hall hall_jon at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 18 23:05:26 EDT 2006

hi guy,

thanks.  your suggestions fixed the printing problem, and all my
students will get to take their tests tomorrow!  ;-)

as per your questions:

1) i was suffering from the mysterious "httpd not found" problem
after trying to upgrade to 2.1.3.  so i did

yum remove apache

followed by

yum install apache

and

yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites

but i did not pay attention to the backup warning regarding the
apache config file, because i thought that if i went back and ran

./UPDATE

all would be put back together properly.  but alas - not so.

2) yes the warning about the script alias is there, as is another
warning:

**** ERROR **** /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf has an overlapping
definition of DocumentRoot (it is incorrectly set to "/var/www/html").
This conflicts with loncapa_apache.conf.

should i do something to correct that as well?

thanks again for your help!

regards,
jh