[LON-CAPA-admin] printout.pl problems

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Apr 19 11:59:38 EDT 2006

Hi Jon,

> thanks.  your suggestions fixed the printing problem, and all my
> students will get to take their tests tomorrow!  ;-)

Yeah!

> as per your questions:
>
> 1) i was suffering from the mysterious "httpd not found" problem
> after trying to upgrade to 2.1.3.  so i did

BTW we have finally found a computer upon which we can get this to
happen repeadtedly and are attempting to narrow down what is causing
this (the binary appears to go disappearing during the httpd reload
process that occurs at 5:10 am)

I've figured out a workaround that seems to stop it from occuring,
which is

- install apache
- run /etc/cron.daily/prelink
- stop and start apache

With these actions completed it no longer seem to dissapear, but I haven't
yet igured out what exactly is causing the disapperance.

> **** ERROR **** /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf has an overlapping
> definition of DocumentRoot (it is incorrectly set to "/var/www/html").
> This conflicts with loncapa_apache.conf.
>
> should i do something to correct that as well?

It would be best to.

(For some reason apache always uses the last definition of
DocumentRoot, but always uses the first definition of ScriptAlias)

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137