[LON-CAPA-admin] LaTeX Errors with Printing

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Dec 6 12:20:18 EST 2016

Mike,

> My notes say:
> The permissions on a latex file needed corrected so the web server
> could read it. To be exact, the following commands were ran:

The permissions issue you mention was encountered with LON-CAPA 2.11.0
(See:
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2014-September/002919.html
).

The ./UPDATE script included in LON-CAPA 2.11.1, and used to install
or update a LON-CAPA instance, now explictly calls chmod 644 for the
file /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/picins/picins.sty

I am surprised chmod 755 was required on the directory back in 2014
since the mkdir() command used to create the
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/picins directory has always included a MASK
of 0755.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium