[LON-CAPA-users] remote control

Michael T Hamlin lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:08:12 -0400 (EDT)

I've seen a related issue.  IE has the annoying habit that when you
open a new browser window, it loads the same page that is being
viewed in the previous window.  While you are in lon-capa, this
creates confusion with the remote, presumably because the remote
cannot be associated with two windows at the same time.  Then
if you later close one (i typically close the newer one), the
remote continues to function, but anytime you click "ROLES" for
example, a new browser window is spawned.  This suggests the
remote attaches itself to the newer window when you open a new
window in IE.
Anyway, its annoying having to move and resize the new window and
close the old window every time the remote spawns one.

michael

PS  I am using IE on machines where I do not have control.  When I
suggested they install another browser the guy laughed and said
"but everyone uses IE".