[LON-CAPA-users] remote control

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:56:23 -0400

I am using Netscape 7.0, and the Remote does come up.

When the Remote has loaded, it sets a variable "menuloaded" to one in
the opener window.

Things that need to work for this to happen:

* JavaScript is active
* window.open is not disabled (which is what pop-up filters do)
* the onLoad method works (onUnload is known to have been broken in
some versions of Netscape, but onLoad always worked)
* the setTimeout/clearTimeout mechanisms work (no known issues)

For starters, I would suggest to completely quit the browser, and start
it again.

- Gerd.