[LON-CAPA-users] Dartgun problem screws up scores

Wed, 9 Oct 2002 03:30:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Lars,

> Can you confirm that this is indeed not possible: If a set of problems
> has been assigned (open- due-, answer- dates set together) as a group,
> then one cannot delete one of these parameters for a single problem
> within the group.

Correct if you have assigned a parameter at the map level, it will
cascade into all resources in that map.

If you want a resource in that map to a have a date have no value it
is currently impossible, you can only change it to a different value,
not change it to have no value.

> If this cannot be done now, it might be worth adding the feature. For
> example, assume the enclosing map is kap5, and I have set opening date for
> the enclosing map to some date. Now I want to delete the opening date
> parameter for problem X. It seems that there could be a feature that
> allowed me to delete the "Parameter in Effect" for this setting for
> problem X only.

You could of course set it to some value far in the future...which
will have the same effect but not as nicely.

--
guy@albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-7-9-  O-