[LON-CAPA-users] School district NSF grant

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 23:23:33 -0700 (PDT)

Our school district is submitting an NSF proposal, and we have been asked
to be part of that. The district is seeking ways to enhance education
through collaborations with area colleges. In a meeting on this, I
proposed that we (TMCC) help the district schools set up an on-line
homework service, using lon-capa. We could host lon-capa at our school,
and provide support, set up problem sets for the schools, etc. We could also
provide in-service training in lon-capa for teachers, etc.

My question to the readers of this forum are:

	1) Do we have any prior examples of such use of lon-capa?
	2) Are there anyone I should talk to about this?
	3) Any suggestions for what to include in the budget?
	4) Do you have any ideas or suggestions how to implement this?

Thanks,
Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen@physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen