[LON-CAPA-users] How to UPDATE ???

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 11:32:19 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Scott,

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Scott Harrison wrote:

How do I know for sure whether I have to change my MySQL www@localhost
password to be "localhostkey" - is there some file I can check, or
something that doesn't work - I don't want to change it if it is not
needed.

> > > You will likely need to change your MySQL www@localhost password to
> > > be "localhostkey".

The parameters in access.conf and loncapa.conf makes sense, so when I
UPDATE, should I just choose option 7 below?

> > Also, after update completes I get a summary of the current configuration of the
> > machine -it looks like this:
> >
> > 1) Domain Name:
> > 2) Machine Name:
> > 3) System Administrator's E-mail Address:
> > 4) Role:
> > 5) Cache Expiration Time:
> > 6) Server Load:
> > 7) Everything is correct up above
> > ENTER A CHOICE OF 1-6 TO CHANGE, otherwise ENTER 7:
> >
> > Why are all the parameters missing?
>
> UPDATE should have used whatever prior values existed in access.conf
> or loncapa.conf.  I have never seen this kind of error on a working
> machine, so I don't know.
>
> Please perform the following corrections inside /etc/httpd/conf/loncapa.conf.

My loncapa.conf only has one line :
PerlSetVar     lonDefDomain      tmcc
Do you mean my access.conf? Anyway, my access.conf appear to have all
the parameters set correctly.

> > 2) Machine Name:  schubert.tmcc.edu
> Incorrect. This should be "tmcc1".
>
> > 5) Cache Expiration Time: ???????
> Set to be 86400
> (86400 is the number of seconds in a day)
>
> > 6) Server Load: ??????
> Set to be 2.00
> (a semi-arbitrary value for load-balancing)

Thanks,
Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen@physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen