[LON-CAPA-users] How to UPDATE ???

Scott Harrison lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 12:00:22 -0400

Dear Dr. Jensen:

> > You will likely need to change your MySQL www@localhost password to
> > be "localhostkey".
> How do  I do this?

http://help.loncapa.org/fom/cache/154.html
Commands:
bash$ mysql -u root mysql -p (if this doesn't work, try mysql -u root mysql)
mysql> set password for www@localhost=password('localhostkey')
mysql> quit

> Also, after update completes I get a summary of the current configuration of the
> machine -it looks like this:
>
> 1) Domain Name:
> 2) Machine Name:
> 3) System Administrator's E-mail Address:
> 4) Role:
> 5) Cache Expiration Time:
> 6) Server Load:
> 7) Everything is correct up above
> ENTER A CHOICE OF 1-6 TO CHANGE, otherwise ENTER 7:
>
> Why are all the parameters missing?

UPDATE should have used whatever prior values existed in access.conf
or loncapa.conf.  I have never seen this kind of error on a working
machine, so I don't know.

Please perform the following corrections inside /etc/httpd/conf/loncapa.conf.

> 2) Machine Name:  schubert.tmcc.edu
Incorrect. This should be "tmcc1".

> 5) Cache Expiration Time: ???????
Set to be 86400
(86400 is the number of seconds in a day)

> 6) Server Load: ??????
Set to be 2.00
(a semi-arbitrary value for load-balancing)

> This is probably right, but UPDATE does not update RPM's, does it?
> Having a CD install/update makes RPM update easier.

Agreed.

Also, loncapa.tar.gz does have CHECKRPMS.
Currently, CHECKRPMS just helps update the existing RPMs on your system.
I will be updating this vanilla script to ALSO recommend additional RPMs that
need to be on a LON-CAPA system.

A CD-ROM with the latest recommended RPMs is a nice thing to have.
We do hope to have a upgrade-from-6.2-to-7.3 CD-ROM package for everybody.

Regards,
Scott

--
Scott Harrison, harris41@msu.edu