[LON-CAPA-users] How to UPDATE ???

Scott Harrison lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 14:59:04 -0400

Dear Dr. Jensen:

> How do I know for sure whether I have to change my MySQL www@localhost
> password to be "localhostkey"

You should change your MySQL www@localhost password to be "localhostkey".
This is the LON-CAPA standard and is needed.

> The parameters in access.conf and loncapa.conf makes sense, so when I
> UPDATE, should I just choose option 7 below?

If the output of UPDATE looks good, then choose option 7.
If the output of UPDATE looks bad, then fix, regardless of the
status of loncapa.conf.

> My loncapa.conf only has one line :
> PerlSetVar     lonDefDomain      tmcc

This is not good.  Please,

cp loncom/loncapa.conf /etc/httpd/conf/loncapa.conf

and make sure you have the following lines in /etc/httpd/conf/loncapa.conf

PerlSetVar       lonHostID    tmcc1
PerlSetVar       lonRole      library
PerlSetVar       lonAdmEMail  jensen@physics.unr.edu
PerlSetVar       lonDefDomain tmcc
PerlSetVar       lonLoadLim   2.00
PerlSetVar       lonExpire    86400
PerlSetVar	 lonReceipt   arandomstringthatyoucreate

> Do you mean my access.conf? Anyway, my access.conf appear to have all
> the parameters set correctly.

access.conf is no longer used by the LON-CAPA system.
LON-CAPA relies on loncapa_apache.conf and loncapa.conf

Thanks.

Regards,
Scott

--