[LON-CAPA-users] issue for a composite problem using MS Edge

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Feb 27 14:35:19 EST 2018

Carl,

> I am continuing to solicit feedback from students on what browser they are
> using when they have issues.

My recommendation would be to ask students who encounter a submission
issue when using this particular composite page in your course to use
Help > "Ask Helpdesk" within LON-CAPA to report the problem.

When a student does that, and completes the web form, and pushes
"Submit Request" the student's browser version will be captured
automatically as part of the help request (which should assist with
troubleshooting).

The help request itself will be sent to the support e-mail address
configured for the domain.  In the case of a student in the msu
domain, I will see the help request.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium

Quoting Carl Lira <lira at egr.msu.edu>:

> I have students who are reporting submission errors on a loncapa
composite
> problem using MS Edge. The problem appears to work properly for
other
> browsers in the limited feedback that I have been getting. So far,
it is
> only users of MS Edge who are reporting an issue. the problem has
some
> true/false randomly selected and some numerical responses. Similar
problems
> that are not composite problems have not been an issue, but I do not
know
> definitively that the issues is caused by the composite problem.
>

> Have others been experiencing any issues? We are running
2.11.2-2017051120