[LON-CAPA-users] Incorrect after correct?

Joe Grigas joegrigas at me.com
Tue May 12 21:26:50 EDT 2015

I have seen this twice (different days, different assignments ) with the same student.  Same situation; option response, he submitted incorrect response, saw the red box, changed one option and submitted again (very quickly) and saw the green box for correct.  When he went to check course contents to check progress of the assignment, he noticed the problem was not marked correct, and he could not submit again (he was not out of tries, just would not recognize the submission).

When I looked at assessment chart by submission, it  scored correct and gave him the point.  On the other hand when I went to content grades: show incorrect submissions, he was listed as incorrect.

When I looked a the time stamp on submissions in “show previous tries” it shows the correct answer submitted and then an incorrect submission on second after the correct submission.

The student did say he clicked very quickly.

I have not had any other students with this situation. I wasn’t sure if that was a bug or not.

Joe Grigas
Lake Fenton High School