[LON-CAPA-users] Significant digits in customresponse: "Submission not graded. Use more digits."

Peter Dencker dencker at math.uni-luebeck.de
Sat Dec 19 16:48:34 EST 2015

Hello.

Giving custom messages would be  possible using the xml structure <block
...  >  ... </block> and the LON-CAPA function check_status(`partid').

The question is how to suppress any automated response. There is the
LON-CAPA parameter 'problemstatus'.

The author manual claims:  ``The options for the problemstatus are:
"yes" - shows correct or incorrect only; "answer" - shows computer
answer as described above; "no" - don't show correct/incorrect feedback;
"no_feedback_ever"- supresses all feedback.''

In my examples the option "no_feedback_ever" actually doesn't suppress
all feedback. It is shown: "Answer Submitted: Your final submission will
be graded after the due date."

Perhaps there is a possibility to really suppress *all* feedback?

- Peter

Am 19.12.2015 um 09:22 schrieb Jacob:
> I would really like to know how to suppress the automated responses and use
> a custom message on a neutral return code.  Even better would be a way to
> throw a neutral return code (with a custom message) from a math response,
> though I'm not holding out hope that this is possible.
>
> Jacob Bond
>
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>> Thanks, using own feedback would be indeed a possibility. How do you
>> manage this? I am not aware that the rather old idea of a neutral return
>> code in custom response for own purposes has been implemented yet. Do
>> you use conditional hints?
>>
>> Stefan Bisitz
>>

>> Am 03.03.2014 19:18 schrieb Mills, Douglas G:
>>> /Hi Stefan, />>//>>/I posed the same question about a year and a half
>>> ago ‹ not sure there was />>/an answer for it though. For other
>>> reasons we ended up suppressing the />>/automated responses and using
>>> our own, so for the sig fail simply tell the />>/students to check
>>> their sig figs. />>//>>/Doug/
>

> ---

Dr. Peter Dencker
    wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter