[LON-CAPA-users] New Content/Problem Editor - Input needed NOW

Joseph Mingrone jrm at ftfl.ca
Sun Oct 19 13:14:19 EDT 2014

Gerd Kortemeyer <korte at lite.msu.edu> writes:
> 1) We notice that the colorful editor is not used very often. Apart
> from the psychedelic colors, why is that? What’s the problem with it?

I don't have much new to add, but to say that I agree with what others,
like Doug, have said.  That is, I see no major flaws with the colourful
editor and I use it occasionally, but only as Doug and Itay described,
i.e., almost as documentation or code discovery.  I'm glad there is
choice, but editing the code directly (outside of the browser) is simply
more efficient, for me.  That said, eliminating reloads and the ability
to collapse sections will be nice.

Stefan Dröschler <st.droeschler at ostfalia.de>

Damien Guillaume <damieng at msu.edu> writes:
> ...the transformation into XML, with a reference XML schema

I share the concerns with having to convert code, but am looking forward
to this.  I suspect it will make authoring in editors like Emacs easier.

Damien Guillaume <damieng at msu.edu> writes:
> ...we will keep using Perl 5.

This makes me happy. :-)

Joseph