[LON-CAPA-users] New Content/Problem Editor - Input needed NOW

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Thu Oct 9 13:09:25 EDT 2014

Hi,

We are trying to figure out how the next generation content/problem editor should work, and we really need input.

1) We notice that the colorful editor is not used very often. Apart from the psychedelic colors, why is that? What’s the problem with it?

2) Is there anything good about the colorful editor?

3) We always hear “WYSIWYG,” but when you really think about it, that’s quite impossible: LON-CAPA problems have deep structure, and there is a lot that “you do not see,” but that’s important: parameters, scripts, … how would “WYSIWYG" look in this scenario?

4) Think about the whole workflow of authoring problems: What is important? What do you need? How can the whole process of authoring be streamlined?

5) Do you know of any editor on the web that is approximately doing what we need? Some good design examples for us to look at?

Anyway, please discuss on the list now. We do not have the developer capacity to allow us the luxury of going down the wrong track.