[LON-CAPA-users] embedded public problems sporadically not loading

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 2 15:54:53 EDT 2014

Hi All,

We're still working on an eText here at Illinois and have settled on the approach of embedding Lon-Capa problems published as public in iFrames in the body of the text as practice problems (we'll also have links and directions between eText and Lon-Capa for homework problems).  In the chapter we're currently working on, there are a total of 11 Lon-Capa problems published as public sprinkled through one relatively long webpage. This is an intermediate state, not the final format for delivery, but when I load the page, it is not uncommon for one or more of the public problems to show up as the Lon-Capa login page rather than the problem itself. This is generally a random sampling of the 11 problems it seems with anywhere from 0 to 3 problems showing up as the login screen rather than the problem itself.  When this happens I look at what access node it is and this varies from instance to instance, but always if there are more than one  on the login screen they are the same as each other.  Any ideas of what might be causing this?

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technologies
Department of Chemistry