[LON-CAPA-users] Preprocessing Numericalresponse Questions

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 5 15:19:07 EST 2013

HI All,

I've done this before with customresponse questions so know I can resort to that if needed, but I'm curious about the new numericalresponse preprocessing capabilities. I have a part consisting of two numericalresponses. The only criteria for the second response is that it has to be greater than the first. The template for numericalresponse with preprocessing is at the level of the numericalresponse itself, not at the level of the part. So what I'm wondering is, can I access the answer of the first numericalresponse to verify that the second is larger than it via preprocessing (and if so, how?) or should I just stick with customresponse for this?  Thank you!

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technologies
Department of Chemistry