[LON-CAPA-users] Total points summary for two student groups with different sets of problems

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at ostfalia.de
Tue Nov 27 12:01:23 EST 2012

Hi,

Our scenario:
We want to offer several LON-CAPA problems in a course to two groups of
students. One group should be offered all of the problems (e.g. 60), the
other group should be offered a subset of the problems (e.g. 50). We are
currently using a section for the latter group combined with the
parameter "resource hidden" set for those problems which should not be
offered for the second group. All problems have a weight of 1.

It appears that students in the section see the actual possible points
in their overview, e.g. 50. However, the Course Coordinator gets a total
of 60 points for this student in the progress chart. Applying the
section filter doesn't help. So, we need manual calculations to address
the correct amount of total points for each student.

Bug? Feature? Any other way to achieve this?

Thanks for help,
Stefan Bisitz