[LON-CAPA-users] Total points summary for two student groups with different sets of problems

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 27 12:17:52 EST 2012

Stefan,

My understanding is that it is a feature. One that is annoying at times, but I think there
are reasons.

One example is someone who gives a LON-CAPA exam. The scores will get uploaded,
they want the scores all tabulated properly for the instructor, but they don't want the
students to see the exam after the fact. The current behavior works fine for this.

We've run into the issue you state with hidden problems as well. A course gets recycled and rather than
delete problems, someone might hide a subset (the next time the course gets run
someone might want to pull that problem back in). Once hidden, it still counts
against the total number of points and this must be corrected by hand in an external
spreadsheet.

Later,
Mark