[LON-CAPA-users] catching maxima errors

Peter Dencker dencker at math.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Nov 29 08:22:41 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm summing up my knowledge about the problem:

1. using customresponse with maxima:
      "CORRECT" and "INCORRECT" work;
      a maxmima syntax error causes: 'Internal error .."

2. with <mathresponse> there is no problem at all, but the 'BAD_FORMULA'
return takes more time than a "CORRECT" or "INCORRECT" return

3. working on servers of other domains ('fhwf', 'nsu') works fine,
   with one exception: ohiou
   sometimes it bombs, sometimes it works, examples:

worked: 01:44 pm (CET), but

#########################
scl/dencker/testing/mini.problem
Thu Nov 29 01:35:07 pm 2012 (CET):
Code ran too long ....
The error occurred on host ohioua4
#################################
Thu Nov 29 01:38:06 pm 2012 (CET): ...
This error occurred on machine ohioua6
#################################

   on scll1 it never works

4. The restart of"loncontrol" has not changed anything. No error massage
occurs:

[root at lon-capa ~]# /etc/init.d/loncontrol restart
Restarting LON-CAPA
Ending LON-CAPA client and daemon processes
lonsql          stopped
lond            stopped
lonc            stopped
lonmemcached    stopped
lonmaxima       stopped
lonr            stopped
Closing firewall access on port 5663.
No IP addresses required discontinuation of access.
Opening firewall access on port 5663.
Port already open for 140 IP addresses
Starting LON-CAPA client and daemon processes (please be patient)
lonmemcached    started
lonsql          started
lond            started
lonc            started
lonmaxima       started
lonr            started

5. Trying 'x)' on maxima on the server gives the english error massage
'incorrect syntax: Too many )'s'.

- Peter