[LON-CAPA-users] Get the word out!

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Tue Jun 19 17:16:14 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have a Google-alert set on "LON-CAPA" - most often I just get student blog entries, asking how to do this or that problem or whining about having to do homework. But every now and then, I get stories from campus newspapers, talks, conference contributions, "how to" videos, etc - this makes me very happy, but also makes me realize that we are not very good about "getting the word out" in general. Even at Michigan State University, the majority of faculty do not know us.

We are a free, open-source project. We need goodwill to not only survive, but thrive. There is no goodwill if people don't even know us.

My request: please help us get the word out! Talk to your campus newspapers, talk to your administrators, talk to your fellow faculty, talk about us at conferences, write grants, ... If something good came out of using LON-CAPA, let it be known.

Also, please "like" us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/loncapa , and share your stories.

Gerd Kortemeyer, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Physics Education
Director, LON-CAPA Project
Michigan State University
Currently on sabbatical: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
http://www.lite.msu.edu/kortemeyer/