[LON-CAPA-users] Managing Time Slots - setting "Problem Opening Date" and "Content Opening Date"

Amos Lee lee at math.usask.ca
Wed Jul 11 21:02:08 EDT 2012

Hi,

OK, I see.  I'll try the following parameters to see how the time slots
would work out:

POD = TSCSR < STofS1
COD unset
CCD unset

LEGEND
POD   : Problem Opening Date
COD   : Content Opening Date
CCD   : Content Close Date
TSCSR : Time students can start reserving
STofS1: Start Time of Slot 1 (earliest slot)

There is one potentially confusing system's message when a student logs in

(a) after POD but before TSCSR under the setting where POD < TSCSR,
or
(b) before TSCSR under the setting where POD = TSCSR.

Either way, the system would say:

"The problem will be available at such-and-such time"

(or something to that effect), which may be a bit misleading in the context
of using student-selectable time slots. I think a more appropriate message
would be something like

"This resource or booking a time slot to use this resource
will be open at such-and-such time".

Thanks,

Amos

Amos Lee