[LON-CAPA-users] Managing Time Slots - setting "Problem Opening Date" and "Content Opening Date"

Amos Lee lee at math.usask.ca
Mon Jul 9 20:53:33 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have some more questions on how the following time parameters should be
set in the context of using time slots:

   Problem Opening Date (written here as POD for short)
   Content Opening Date (written here as COD for short)
   Time students can start reserving (written here TSCSR for short)
   Start Time of Slot 1 (written here as STofS1 for short)

Specifically, I'm not sure how POD should be set in the context of using
time slots.

    First I tried setting

    COD = TSCSR < STofS1, and POD = STofS1

(where "<" means "earlier than").  But I found out that this had the effect
of making reservation unavailable.

    Then I tried setting

    COD = POD <= TSCSR < STofS1,

and reservation of time slots was then made available.  Am I correct to
understand that I should set these parameters as follows?

    COD <= POD <= TSCSR < STofS1

    I'm confused by the phrase "Problem Opening Date/Time" in the presence
of using time slots.

Thanks,
Amos

Amos Lee