[LON-CAPA-users] Setting up the questions for an exam

Seema Ali sali at vsb.bc.ca
Sat Apr 7 06:55:51 EDT 2012

I've created a lot of questions for an exam (and I've never used Lon Capa before this school year). I would like to be able to do the following for possible security issues that I can think of.

1.  Is it possible to hide the questions as well as the answer after a response has been submitted?  (I've got the answer correct/incorrect suppressed, but not the question.)? Somehow change the opendate

2. If a student leaves to go to the bathroom, how does the proctor lock/unlock their exam?

3.  Any tips on setting up Proctors?  I have a folder of questions for an exam and it seems I have to select each question, set up a password for the proctor instead of doing that to a folder.

4.  IP addresses, is there a quick way to list any students who have submitted their results for a selected set of questions/folders from different IPs?  I know you can restrict IPs, but the Lon Capa server is external to our network and I'm worried a student could work on it from a different machine in the building.  Since IPs do not change once you're logged in, I thought looking for a difference in IPs would be the easiest way to tell if work was done on 2 machines.

Thanks.