[LON-CAPA-users] Setting up the questions for an exam

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Sat Apr 7 07:24:33 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Apr 7, 2012, at 6:55 AM, Seema Ali wrote:

> I've created a lot of questions for an exam (and I've never used Lon Capa before this school year). I would like to be able to do the following for possible security issues that I can think of.
>
> 1.  Is it possible to hide the questions as well as the answer after a response has been submitted?  (I've got the answer correct/incorrect suppressed, but not the question.)? Somehow change the open date

If you don't set an answerdate, the question and solution will be invisible after the duedate.

> 2. If a student leaves to go to the bathroom, how does the proctor lock/unlock their exam?

I don't think you can lock the exam again after a proctor initially unlocked it.

> 3.  Any tips on setting up Proctors?  I have a folder of questions for an exam and it seems I have to select each question, set up a password for the proctor instead of doing that to a folder.

As far as I know, proctors are set up on a folder level, just like the time-limit.

> 4.  IP addresses, is there a quick way to list any students who have submitted their results for a selected set of questions/folders from different IPs?

No. Note that some networks change client IPs dynamically in mid-session.

>  I know you can restrict IPs, but the Lon Capa server is external to our network and I'm worried a student could work on it from a different machine in the building.

You can often find a more specific range of IPs for a particular room. The mechanism allows for something like 35.8.42.12-36