[LON-CAPA-users] roles dilemma

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 07:19:45 -0700

Speaking of "complicated":

I want to have a "Group" of users in a course who have both student
and some custom roles.
I want them to be able to see and "grade" resources from one sequence,
for a particular section of students, while in their custom role, but
I want them to NOT be able to submit anything to those resources when
in their student role.

Conversely, I would like to allow them to be able to submit responses
to resources in a different sequence when they choose their student
role.

I thought I could do this with judicious application of the "hidden =
yes/no" parameters, but am having trouble getting it to work the way I
think it might.

Any thoughts?  Should I try the M-word?

:-)