[LON-CAPA-users] fixing an ordered list

James Mueller lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 23:27:20 -0400

How do I fix the following problem.  When displayed in a browser, the
ordered list is displayed numbered with roman numerals.  However, when
I prepare a pdf of this problem, the list is numbered with arabic
numerals.  This makes the foils wrong.  I assume that this happens
because the xml to latex just turns the <OL> into an enumerate
environment and ignores the TYPE argument.   For this problem I could,
by trial and error, figure out what the generated LaTeX has in it and
adjust the xml to match, but I worry that depending on the how whether
this problem is included in a homework, or exam folder, it might print
differently.  Any advice would be appreciated.

-Jim Mueller

<problem>
<parameter name="maxtries" id="11" type="int_pos" default="2"
description="Maximum Number of Tries" />
<startouttext />The resistance of a cylindrical ohmic resistor at a
fixed temperature depends on
<OL TYPE="I">
<LI>the current</LI>
<LI>the potential difference across it</LI>
<LI>the cross-sectional area</LI>
<LI>the length of the resistor</LI>
</OL><endouttext />

<radiobuttonresponse direction="vertical" max="10" id="12"
randomize="yes">

     <foilgroup>

<foil location="random" value="false" name="foil1">
<startouttext />(I) and (II) only
<endouttext />
</foil>

<foil location="random" value="true" name="foil2">
<startouttext />(III) and (IV) only
<endouttext />
</foil>

<foil location="random" value="false" name="foil3">
<startouttext />(I), (II) and (III) only
<endouttext />
</foil>

<foil location="random" value="false" name="foil4">
<startouttext />(I), (II) and (IV) only
<endouttext />
</foil>

<foil location="bottom" value="false" name="foil5">
<startouttext />all of the above
<endouttext />
</foil>

     </foilgroup>