[LON-CAPA-users] Custom Response & ASSIGNED_SCORE

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:17:08 -0400

I would like to have a problem with a weight of 2; when the student answers
the problem I would like to give one answer an award of 1, and another
(better) answer an award of 2.

Is there a way to do this? I was thinking a customresponse might be
appropriate for this, but I don't see anywhere that I assign a score (or
awarded). I DO see a return code indicating

ASSIGNED_SCORE: there is a resource.partid.responseid.awarded the real
awarded should be set to the average of the individual awards

but I don't know what that means.

Can someone explain ASSIGNED_SCORE?

Or, is there another way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
brew