[LON-CAPA-users] Group membership roster un-accessible to students?

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:58:24 +0200

Hi,

It's the first time that we officially (try to) use groups with
membership roster, but this is not working as expected.

We need to offer roster functionality to all group members so that each
group member can access the roster of all group members of their own
group.

I created a group, activated the needed option "membership roster" and
added students to the group. As CC, I can access the roster by using the
new folder and link.

If I log in as student in this course who is member of the new group, I
can access the group folder and see the link "Membership roster", but a
click on it leads to the message:
"You do not have privileges to view the membership roster in this
group."

I tried to play around with the course environment setting "Allow
students to view classlist.". Whether the setting  "all" nor "" changes
something.

The online help doesn't help, too.

What else has to be done? Any idea?

As recommended, we are running the current 2.6.3 release.

Thanks,
Stefan Bisitz