[LON-CAPA-users] Group membership roster un-accessible to students?

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:52:50 +0200

Stefan Bisitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's the first time that we officially (try to) use groups with
> membership roster, but this is not working as expected.
>
> We need to offer roster functionality to all group members so that each
> group member can access the roster of all group members of their own
> group.
>
> I created a group, activated the needed option "membership roster" and
> added students to the group. As CC, I can access the roster by using the
> new folder and link.
>
> If I log in as student in this course who is member of the new group, I
> can access the group folder and see the link "Membership roster", but a
> click on it leads to the message:
> "You do not have privileges to view the membership roster in this
> group."
>
> I tried to play around with the course environment setting "Allow
> students to view classlist.". Whether the setting  "all" nor "" changes
> something.
>
> The online help doesn't help, too.
>
> What else has to be done? Any idea?
>
> As recommended, we are running the current 2.6.3 release.
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan Bisitz

I need to adjust my question. I have done some more tests with confusing
results: There is one course now where I (as student) can access the
group membership roster as expected and another course with same group
settings where I (as student) cannot access the membership roster.

Any hint where to look at or what to change?

Stefan Bisitz