[LON-CAPA-users] edit XML problem, port security?

Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:44:21 -0400

Hi Jay,

> When I use the edit XML option and click "Submit Changes and View" it just
> hangs there. I see at the bottom of the screen that it reports "waiting for
> loncapa.vcu.edu", but it never comes back, and eventually times out (after
> 30 seconds or so). This also happens if I hit "Submit Changes". If I use the
> GUI interface (Edit Mode), I don't see this problem.
>
> This _only_ happens from my machine at work. I don't observe this issue when
> working from home. I am wondering if it is a network issue, or a port issue.
> We are behind a pretty restrictive firewall, so I thought maybe the
> appropriate ports were not open on our end. I asked our netadmin to open all
> the ports listed at:
>
> http://help.loncapa.org/cgi-bin/fom?_highlightWords=port&file=198
>
> However, even with those ports open, I'm seeing the same issue. Advice about
> what else to check?

That is somewhat oddd. there is litte different between EdiXML and
Edit mode, both communicate whte the server in a very similar fashion.

I'm guessing the edits made in the EditXML mode disappear?

Does it occur for both "Submit Changes and View" and "Submit
Changes"?

Hmmm... does it occur for both short and long problems?

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-0-6-27,137