[LON-CAPA-users] edit XML problem, port security?

Jay Sullivan lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:19:58 -0400

------=_Part_34541_26742986.1192130398985

I am observing an issue when attempting to edit a problem.

When I use the edit XML option and click "Submit Changes and View" it just
hangs there. I see at the bottom of the screen that it reports "waiting for
loncapa.vcu.edu", but it never comes back, and eventually times out (after
30 seconds or so). This also happens if I hit "Submit Changes". If I use the
GUI interface (Edit Mode), I don't see this problem.

This _only_ happens from my machine at work. I don't observe this issue when
working from home. I am wondering if it is a network issue, or a port issue.
We are behind a pretty restrictive firewall, so I thought maybe the
appropriate ports were not open on our end. I asked our netadmin to open all
the ports listed at:

http://help.loncapa.org/cgi-bin/fom?_highlightWords=port&file=198

However, even with those ports open, I'm seeing the same issue. Advice about
what else to check?

Thanks,
Jay

------=_Part_34541_26742986.1192130398985

I am observing an issue when attempting to edit a problem. <br><br>When I use the edit XML option and click &quot;Submit Changes and View&quot; it just hangs there. I see at the bottom of the screen that it reports &quot;waiting for

------=_Part_34541_26742986.1192130398985--