[LON-CAPA-users] LONG wait times for Course Docs, Parm, etc.

H. K. Ng lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:11:02 -0500

--=====================_2034937==.ALT

This sounds like a problem that Mark at OU and I had a while back. It
was fixed in recent versions. If your course documents contain lots
of sequences that are assembled in the construction space (as opposed
to assembling the sequence in course documents), it takes a long time
to update.

-hk

At 10:11 AM 11/27/2007, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>For the past few semesters, I have become increasingly distressed by
>(abnormally?) long wait times when using the Course Docs or
>Parameters features for my classes.
>
>In particular, when I use Course Docs for a course that has about 35
>directories (each directory with about 20 to 40 problems), it
>takes  AT LEAST 20 SECONDS for EVERY action, e.g., click on a
>directory, rename a directory, hide a directory, etc.   The wait
>times are almost as long when I set due dates, etc. using the
>Parameters feature.
>
>Any ideas about what is happening or if there is any hope to improve
>the situation?
>
>Thanks,
>Alison

>Dr. Alison Baski, Chair and Associate Professor
>Department of Physics
>Virginia Commonwealth University
>1020 W. Main St.;   Richmond, VA  23284-2000
>Ph: 804-828-8295, Fax: 828-7073, aabaski@vcu.edu

--=====================_2034937==.ALT

Hi,<br><br>
This sounds like a problem that Mark at OU and I had a while back. It was
fixed in recent versions. If your course documents contain lots of
sequences that are assembled in the construction space (as opposed to
assembling the sequence in course documents), it takes a long time to
update.<br><br>
-hk<br><br>
At 10:11 AM 11/27/2007, you wrote:<br><br>
distressed by (abnormally?) long wait times when using the Course Docs or
about 35 directories (each directory with about 20 to 40 problems), it
takes&nbsp; AT LEAST 20 SECONDS for EVERY action, e.g., click on a
directory, rename a directory, hide a directory, etc.&nbsp;&nbsp; The
wait times are almost as long when I set due dates, etc. using the
Dr. Alison Baski, Chair and Associate Professor<br>
Department of Physics<br>
Virginia Commonwealth University<br>
1020 W. Main St.;&nbsp;&nbsp; Richmond, VA&nbsp; 23284-2000<br>
Ph: 804-828-8295, Fax: 828-7073, aabaski@vcu.edu</font>