[LON-CAPA-users] LONG wait times for Course Docs, Parm, etc.

Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:01:25 -0500

Hi Hon-Kie,

> This sounds like a problem that Mark at OU and I had a while back. It
> was fixed in recent versions. If your course documents contain lots
> of sequences that are assembled in the construction space (as opposed
> to assembling the sequence in course documents), it takes a long time
> to update.

Lookslike that was a bug that was fixed in 2.3.3 (and 2.4.X)

So that is unlikely to be the cause here.

> >For the past few semesters, I have become increasingly distressed by
> >(abnormally?) long wait times when using the Course Docs or
> >Parameters features for my classes.
> >
> >In particular, when I use Course Docs for a course that has about 35
> >directories (each directory with about 20 to 40 problems), it
> >takes  AT LEAST 20 SECONDS for EVERY action, e.g., click on a
> >directory, rename a directory, hide a directory, etc.   The wait
> >times are almost as long when I set due dates, etc. using the
> >Parameters feature.
> >
> >Any ideas about what is happening or if there is any hope to improve
> >the situation?

Is there a course that is particularly bad? That I could test out?

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-0-6-27,137