[LON-CAPA-users] LONG wait times for Course Docs, Parm, etc.

Alison A Baski/FS/VCU lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:11:08 -0500

--=_alternative 00536AE4852573A0_=

Hello,

For the past few semesters, I have become increasingly distressed by
(abnormally?) long wait times when using the Course Docs or Parameters
features for my classes.

In particular, when I use Course Docs for a course that has about 35
directories (each directory with about 20 to 40 problems), it takes  AT
LEAST 20 SECONDS for EVERY action, e.g., click on a directory, rename a
directory, hide a directory, etc.   The wait times are almost as long when
I set due dates, etc. using the Parameters feature.

Any ideas about what is happening or if there is any hope to improve the
situation?

Thanks,
Alison

Dr. Alison Baski, Chair and Associate Professor
Department of Physics
Virginia Commonwealth University
1020 W. Main St.;   Richmond, VA  23284-2000
Ph: 804-828-8295, Fax: 828-7073, aabaski@vcu.edu
--=_alternative 00536AE4852573A0_=

increasingly distressed by (abnormally?) long wait times when using the
Course Docs or Parameters features for my classes.</font>
for a course that has about 35 directories (each directory with about 20
to 40 problems), it takes &nbsp;AT LEAST 20 SECONDS for EVERY action, e.g.,
click on a directory, rename a directory, hide a directory, etc. &nbsp;
The wait times are almost as long when I set due dates, etc. using the
Parameters feature.</font>
if there is any hope to improve the situation?</font>
Dr. Alison Baski, Chair and Associate Professor<br>
Department of Physics<br>
Virginia Commonwealth University<br>
1020 W. Main St.; &nbsp; Richmond, VA &nbsp;23284-2000<br>
Ph: 804-828-8295, Fax: 828-7073, aabaski@vcu.edu</font>
--=_alternative 00536AE4852573A0_=--