[LON-CAPA-users] Slot help?

Thu, 3 May 2007 13:03:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Todd,

> So we're trying to set up an online make-up exam for some students, and
> it seems like slots is the way to go, but we're having some difficulty
> and expect that we're simply not sure how to use the tool.
>
> When we create or edit the slot, we choose the "Instructor Assignable"
> type, but are then at a loss as to how we actually assign students to
> the slot.

For a folder of resources,

- Go to a resource in the folder,
- hit PPRM
- pick the student and update the display
- scroll down to 'Slots of availability [Part: 0] (available)'
   - and in the user level, for enclosing map or folder, set the
     contents to the slot name
- scroll down to "Use slot based access controls [Part: 0] (useslots)"
  and for the course wide, enclosing map/folder level, pick the option
    "Yes, and the scope of student selected slot is the enclosing
    map/folder. When checking in, all resources in the map/folder are
    checked in."  (this will appears as map_map after being saved)

> Also, because it is an exam, we would also like to limit the resources
> available to the student, and it seems like that functionality is there.
>  Unfortunately, it appears that we can only choose one resource per
> slot.  What we'd like to do is be able to choose an entire folder.  It
> seems that even if the resource is a published sequence we can't select
> the entire sequence, just a single resource in the sequence.

This is a bug that it is being displayed, this should only appear for
the student selectable option.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137