[LON-CAPA-users] Slot help?

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 03 May 2007 10:21:18 -0600

So we're trying to set up an online make-up exam for some students, and
it seems like slots is the way to go, but we're having some difficulty
and expect that we're simply not sure how to use the tool.

When we create or edit the slot, we choose the "Instructor Assignable"
type, but are then at a loss as to how we actually assign students to
the slot.

Also, because it is an exam, we would also like to limit the resources
available to the student, and it seems like that functionality is there.
 Unfortunately, it appears that we can only choose one resource per
slot.  What we'd like to do is be able to choose an entire folder.  It
seems that even if the resource is a published sequence we can't select
the entire sequence, just a single resource in the sequence.

We can get around this by temporarily assigning these students to a
different section, etc., but slots seems like it would be much cleaner.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics       Office:  Meyer Hall 326