[LON-CAPA-users] factoring problems, source code

James Sullivan lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 03 May 2007 12:32:50 -0400

A related question. Is there any current support for something like an "equationresponse"?

For example, an answer like

"x > 7+y"

I realize this could be put together using combination of response types (like a drop down for the ">" sign and a formula reponse for the RHS).
Will this be something that will be possible with <mathresponse> or the symbolic algebra?

Best,
Jay

>>> Gerd Kortemeyer <korte@lite.msu.edu> 05/03/07 12:17 PM >>>
Hi,

With one of the upcoming versions, you will also be able to use
<mathresponse>:

http://www.lon-capa.org/mathresponse.html

- note the sample problem given there actually has infinitely many
correct solutions.

But, again, that's not yet in the current production version, just a
little teaser.

- Gerd.