[LON-CAPA-users] Random sequence of questions

Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:39:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mark,

> I know this has been bandied about a number of times. I also know the
> current "best practice" shifts from release to release sometimes 8)
>
> What's the best way to do the following things?
>
> * I have 10 questions - I want a student to get 5 of them.

In DOCS create  a folder with these 10 questions, on the folder set
'Randomly Pick' to 5

Re-init course.

!- cannot use this with bubble sheet exams

> * I have 10 questions - I want a student to get 5 of them in random order.
>
> * I have 10 questions - I want a student to get all 10 but in random
> order.

For both of these. The good solution doesn't yet exist. (Marking a
sequence as 'randomly ordered') but has a design. Implmentation will
be a bit tricky.

The paritial solution of make a container.problem that loads in
.library files that contain the problems works, but has the draw back
that you can't use any old problem in the network.

> By the way, are the "practice" style questions in place and what are the
> nuances of their use?

Ayup.

PPRM -> 'Question Type' set it to 'practice'

- Questions will no longer be considered gradable objects
  (they won't appear in CHRT, STAT or SPRS)
- students will get the 'New Problem Variation' button
- interactions with the resource are logged into the activity.log but
  not stored with the problem, (PGRD won't show any submissions)

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-6-27,137