[LON-CAPA-users] Tracking PRT errors

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:59:31 -0500

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi Brew,<br>
 cite="midOFB7153AB1.93261305-ON8525727D.00012638-8525727D.00012639@notes.monroe.edu"
 type="cite"><font size="2">Recently, I have encountered a problem
where some (many, not all) students were having trouble producing the
pdf file for printing. If a student fails, it is always the same
problem; that student will always fail on that problem. The student
receives a cryptic message that the problem has caused an error.<br>
Sounds like just certain randomizations have print errors.&nbsp; I'd use
PGRD to look at the versions of the problem these students have and try
to see what is different on their versions compared to the versions
that work.&nbsp; <br>
 cite="midOFB7153AB1.93261305-ON8525727D.00012638-8525727D.00012639@notes.monroe.edu"
 type="cite"><font size="2">My question is, why do I (as course
coordinator) not receive an error message, with the Latex log and
whatnot? I understand the student won't see the log, but I thought I
used to see a message when a student had a problem printing. My What's
New page does not indicate any errors. Is there someplace I can look to
see error logs?</font></blockquote>
are&nbsp; only problem errors which generate bombs.&nbsp; Printing errors do not
generate bombs.&nbsp; The problem still works, it just can't print so no
bomb.&nbsp; I'm not sure if the print errors get sent to the course
coordinator, author, or both.&nbsp; If printing errors do get forwarded to
able to see the error messages by going to COM on the Main Menu and
Felicia<br>
</big></font>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Felicia Berryman