[LON-CAPA-users] Tracking PRT errors

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 19:12:33 -0500

ot all) students were having trouble producing the pdf file for printing. I=
f a student fails, it is always the same problem; that student will always =
fail on that problem. The student receives a cryptic message that the probl=
em has caused an error.<br><br>Other students run the print fine. I run the=
 print fine, as well as when I log in as a test student account.<br><br>I h=
ave no doubt I have something wacky in the problem. The student error shows=
 something like &lt;small&gt;some text&lt;/b&gt;, so I am looking at bold f=
ormatting commands.<br><br>My question is, why do I (as course coordinator)=
 not receive an error message, with the Latex log and whatnot? I understand=
 the student won't see the log, but I thought I used to see a message when =
a student had a problem printing. My What's New page does not indicate any =
errors. Is there someplace I can look to see error logs?<br><br>I checked t=
he Course Environment parameters, don't see anything where I might have tur=