[LON-CAPA-users] Odd printing?

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 19:35:56 -0500

I am printing a sequence of 5 problems. The questions are option response
and numerical response types of questions.

The pdf file produced doesn't make any sense to me. For example:

- Numerical response questions do not show the response, either for a
problem which has been gotten correct or for one with an incorrect answer
still there. It does say "You are correct", but it doesn't show what answer
I put in. It just shows the textline box as though it still wants me to
enter my answer.

- Similarly, the option response problems say "You are correct", but do not
show what answers I entered.

All questions look like they are set up to be used as a (blank) test. Maybe
I expected the wrong thing? I expected a student could print his completed
sheet, which would show the answers he entered.

Is there some type of parameter setting which I need to set to allow the
printout to show the answers submitted?

Is this a security thing of some sort, where we don't want the students to
have hardcopy answers to the problems they have worked out?

Why do I care? Why would I want to waste the paper to print this? After
all, everything is in the computer! Well, I am implementing lab questions,
and New York State requires a printed copy to be maintained in a folder for
auditing purposes. I don't expect that a set of questions with no answer
(but it does say they were correct!) will keep a state auditor happy.

Thanks,
brew