[LON-CAPA-users] Please Assist with LON-CAPA assessment module

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:59:36 -0400

Hi,

On Apr 23, 2007, at 5:17 PM, Dale, Tanieth wrote:

> We do not want the students to have these various buttons (eg.CAT,
> EVAL and
> more specifically PRT) Is it possible to remove these links on the
> assessment.

As Guy already wrote, you can only remove them if you modify the
mydesk.tab table as explained.

You can sort of disable them, though:

* for PRT, you can wrap your text into <web>...</web> - that will
make it visible on the web, but not in print. Of course, people can
always print out one web page at a time from the browser (does not
look as nice as with PRT)
* for CAT, you can set the folder to "encrypted URL" (probably a good
idea anyway for test)

EVAL cannot be disabled.

May I ask what the issue is?

* too much space taken up?