[LON-CAPA-users] Please Assist with LON-CAPA assessment module

Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:00:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Tanieth,

> We are attempting to run a pilot with LON-CAPA with the simple requirements
> of creating an assessment and have been very impressed with the process till
> now. We have very limited knowledge of all the functionality of LON-CAPA and
> hope that someone could assist.
>
> Our concern is that when a student logs in to take the test, there are all
> kinds of buttons they can click on to navigate away from the page.
>
> We do not want the students to have these various buttons (eg.CAT, EVAL and
> more specifically PRT) Is it possible to remove these links on the
> assessment.

There is no configuration mechanism to turn these off right now.

The only means to do this would be to modify lon-capa itself, which
should be fine for a short-term solution if this stays a standalone
machine, but probably not a good long-term solution.

The existance of the buttons is controlled in two locations, the file
mydesk.tab (located in /home/httpd/LonTabs) and the perl-module
lonmenu.pm (located in /home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache) in the middle of
the subroutine 'innerregister' near the comment 'Prepare the rest of
the buttons'

For the The PRT button can be hidden by removing the line
s&8&3&prt.gif&prepare[_1]&printout[_1]&gopost('/adm/printout',currentURL)&Prepare a printable document

in lonmenu.pm, but this would remove it for all users.

For the long-term filing this as an enhancement request at
bugs.loncapa.org we can figure out what the best solution for this
would be.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137