[LON-CAPA-users] Access denied

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:35:07 -0400

Hi,

On Sep 12, 2006, at 11:23 AM, James Sullivan wrote:

> I'm getting an "access denied" error when working on one of my
> resources in
> a student role.
>
> The situation is as follows. There is a hyperlink on the problem
> page that
> uses javascript to popup a web page (published in loncapa). If I
> click the
> hyperlink as a student I get:
>
> Access  : Browse resources
> Resource: /res/vcu/jmsullivan/physics/freebodydiagram/fbd.htm
> Action  : Access Denied
>
> Followed by a listing of my various roles. As CC or Author I do not
> get this
> error message. Anyone have suggestions for what may be the problem?
> I've
> tried publishing the web page both as public and domain only. If I
> put the
> web page on an external site, the hyperlink performs as expected.

I am surprised that the page would not work when published "public".

The other thing can be explained: LON-CAPA would not find hyperlinks
that are embedded in JavaScript, so you need to explicitly allow
access to that pop-up page.

On the page that has the JavaScript, add the line

<allow src="/res/vcu/[YOUR FILE]" />

for example

<allow src="/res/vcu/foo/bar.html" />

Republish that page. That should do the trick.

- Gerd.