[LON-CAPA-users] Access denied

James Sullivan lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:23:57 -0400

I'm getting an "access denied" error when working on one of my resources in
a student role.

The situation is as follows. There is a hyperlink on the problem page that
uses javascript to popup a web page (published in loncapa). If I click the
hyperlink as a student I get:

Access  : Browse resources
Resource: /res/vcu/jmsullivan/physics/freebodydiagram/fbd.htm
Action  : Access Denied

Followed by a listing of my various roles. As CC or Author I do not get this
error message. Anyone have suggestions for what may be the problem? I've
tried publishing the web page both as public and domain only. If I put the
web page on an external site, the hyperlink performs as expected.

Thanks,
Jay

James M. Sullivan, Assistant Professor
jmsullivan@vcu.edu
Department of Physics                                    Virginia
Commonwealth University
tel: 804/828-6343
fax: 804/828-7073

1020 W. Main St.
PO BOX 842000
Richmond, VA 23284-2000

*
"If you can drive a nail, and if you have any nails to drive, drive them."
          - H. D. Thoureau, 1850
*