[LON-CAPA-users] Setting max_tries

Fri, 26 May 2006 13:34:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Richard,

> I seem to be missing something simple. I did this when I
> had a little demo account, but now I am on the eduCog Big Machine, it
> doesn't seem to work.
>

> I want to set max_tries to 1, so students only have one shot to
> answer the question.
>
> As author, I publish the page (contains a sequence).

Currently almost all parameters do NOT cascade down the sequence
hiearchy.

Thus to have this 1 take affect you need to either
- set it completely course wide
or
- set it at the lowest possible folder
(Meanign if you have
-> container.page
    -> problem_set1.sequence
         -> problem1.problem
         -> problem2.problem
    -> problem_set2.sequence
         -> problem1.problem
         -> problem2.problem

You need to set the maxtries for both problem_set1.sequence and
problem_set2.sequence for all problems to be affected

> Should Coordinator be limited when I look at the problem?

yes.

> Also, the student has no roles set, and their name does not appear in
> the upper right of the screen. I thought their name appeared on the
> demo system, with the label "student".

This should occur. Can you double check that the student is enrolled?
And not currently Expired from the course. (Main Menu -> ENRL -> View
Class List)

If they are in the course class lsit as a 'Currently Enorlled' student
can you send me (guy@albertelli.com) the username of the student that
this is occuring for?

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137