[LON-CAPA-users] Lab writeup submission

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:26:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

There have been a lot of new features added related to grading queues,
bridgetasks, slots, etc.... Enough so that I haven't been able to keep
everything straight yet, so I'm going to put forth a scenario and ask
people to propose the best combination of options for doing this.

We have a lab technical report that the students complete for the
calc-based physics. For one of the eight labs, they write up a full report
and hand it in.

We want to handle these electronically now, with some feedback from TAs
on a Draft. So the student will be asked to submit a word document,
presumably in response to an essayresponse question. The TA will pull
these drafts up and provide feedback.

The students will later submit the final document and the TAs will grade
these.

Each TA will grade their own section's papers.

Presumably one could have two essayresponse questions, the students up
load the documents, the TA in one case provides feedback, in the second
simply a grade.

Is there anything advantage to using some of the newer features?
bridgetasks, grading queues?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701