[LON-CAPA-users] Lab writeup submission

John Merrill lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:51:14 -0400

Hi Mark:
We (Biology at MSU) are very interested in lab writeups at the moment.
However, we are leaning heavily toward paper lab notebooks. We want to
be "reality based", if possible: "put your lab results in a lab notebook
just like biologists do in research labs or industrial labs". I agree
that a contemporaneous lab notebook could be something quite different
from a "lab report". In fact, the latter should actually be written from
the info in the notebook. And we are also trying to address numbers: can
we have one of two or one of four partners turn in each week for
grading? Anxious to hear how you handle all of this.
John