[LON-CAPA-users] Getting a message to appear with the "correct" statement.

Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:37:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robley,

> When a student gets a problem correct, the following message shows:
>
> "You are Correct. Computer's answer now shown above.
> Your receipt is 491-88"
>
> What tag should I use to get a message to appear at about the same place?

There is currently no way to get a message from the problem author to appear
inside the green box of 'You are correct'

> Does <solved> work?
> Like this?
>
> <solved>
> Message
> </solved>

This will create a message that will onlay appear after the problem is
correctly solved. But it will appear in the normal course of the
problem. Not in the correctness box.

But from what you say later this is likely what you'd like.

> Or should I use a block with a condition, and if so does one just use the
> condition "solved".
> <block condition="solved">
> Message
> </block>

I'd suggest using <solved> if you want a message that display only
after they have correct answered the question. Conditions need to be
valid perl conditionals. (In this example the value of the condition
is the string "solved" and all non empty string values are considered
true in perl, so this condition would always be true. Which isn't what
you want.)

> "You are correct.  Message.
> Computer's answer now shown above.
> Your receipt is 491-88"
>
> I'm writing a problem where students are asked to find the density of a
> series of metals.  When they get the density right, I want the following to
> show:
>
> You are correct. This metal is silver. (or whatever metal it was).

I'd use the <solved> tag as this will do for the most part what you
want.

If you want to have the green background for your text you can do this
with a <table> or <div>.

> The idea is that they can then print this page and bring it to lab so they
> have a list of densities that they will need for their lab experiment.  But
> I don't want to give the identity away before they work the problem.

And it will print.

Does this work for you?
--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137